· For every 10 who can cope with adversity, only 1 can cope with prosperity.
· Amos 5: 18-19
If you are not for me you are against me.
· A Christian is a mind through which Christ thinks, a heart through which Christ loves, a voice through which Christ speaks and hands through which Christ helps.
· "Live so the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral."
· We must never lose faith in human nature - there is no where else to go. Katrina Graham
· The nice thing about egotists is that they don't talk about other people. Lucille S. Harper
· The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it. Franklin P. Jones
· It's a poor and uncreative mind that can think of only one way to spell a word. Mark Twain
· A wise physician once said, "I have been practicing medicine for thirty years and I have prescribed many things, but in the long run I've learnt that, for most of what ails human beings, the best medicine is love, and if it doesn't work the first time, double the dose."
· "Destiny is not a matter of fate, it is of choice". Sioux Chieftain.
· Thankfulness comes out of experiencing the work of God's Holy Spirit -and that comes out of being within blessing distance of him.
· "The heart will never worship what the head rejects." (Spong)
· "Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". (Gandhi)
· "To understand the present we need to know the past". (Van Werter)
· "To ignore events prior to our birth leaves one always as a child". (Sisero)
· If you only walk on sunny days, you'll never reach your destination.
· The beauty is in the walk. We are betrayed by the destination.
· "All that is not given is lost" (Hasari Pal)
· Faith always precedes God's presence.
· The fox is still in charge of the hen house
· He slipped his hobbles (He died)
· I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then. (Cash?)
· What is?
better than God
worse than Satan
something dead men eat
and if live men eat it they die.
· We are not called to be successful but to be faithful.
· The Lord whispers to us in a crowd but shouts to us in silence.
· It's no good going fast, only the slowest person knows the way.
· Did you know?
J.S. Bach would inscribe at the beginning of each composition, "J.J."(Jesu juvet - may Jesus help). Then he would conclude the composition with "S.D.G."(Soli Deo Gloria - to God alone be glory).
· "O Iole, one said to the fair daughter of the King of Attica, how did you know that Hercules was a God? Because I was content the moment my eyes rested on him (Dr A.T.Schofield---'The knowledge of God'.)
· "He who ceases to be better ceases to be good" (Cromwell)
· The great enemy of the true faith is not difficulty, but unbelief that leads to the downward slide.
· It's not easy taking your problems one at a time when they refuse to get into line.
· "We don't think our way into a new way of living, but live our way into a new way of thinking." (Parker)
· The job of a Pastor is like that of a chameleon walking over a patchwork quilt.
· I am a rock
I am an island
A rock does not feel pain
An island does not hurt (Simon & Garfunkel)
· Many past wrongs can never be righted
But many future wrongs can still be prevented.
· What was the greatest surprise?-The brevity of life (Billy Graham)
· Life-You get one go at it (Ben Lexon)
· I've found a God in my heart who's a good bloke to know. (Grant (Grubb) Morris)
· He was not a born king of men, but a child of the common people who made himself a great persuader, therefore a leader, by means of firm resolve, patient effort, and dogged perseverance.
He was open to all impressions and influences and greatly profited by the teachings of
events and circumstances, no matter how adverse or unwelcome.
There was probably no year of his life when he was not a wiser, cooler and better man
than he had been the year proceeding. (Horace Greely on Abraham Lincoln.)
· Give me the heart of a pilgrim, steadfast and loyal and true.
Help me to fly like an arrow, focused on no one but you. (Anon)
God never builds a bridge of faith except under the feet of the faith- filled traveler.
If He built the bridge ten metres ahead, it would not be a bridge of faith.
That which is of sight is not of faith.
· 'I don't know what I'd do without the big bloke beside me" (Don Nelson - Woori Yallock)
Heaven doesn't want me and hell thinks I'll take over
I've found Jesus - come and look.
· Alex (3yr old): "I feel like an icy-pole"
Tammy Van Weissen (Champion swimmer): "I feel like an icy-pole"
· It is a long engrained habit of thinking in masses or entities, which makes so unfamiliar and dark the higher habit of thinking in acts. Forsyth
· He who whispers down a well of something that he has to sell,
Will never do as near as well, as he who climbs a tree to yell.
· It's not what you know, it's who you know.
And we already have an introduction.
· Liberty is the art or ability of personal restraint for the benefit of the larger community.
· If you want to know what people really believe, ask them when they're sick or dying.
· 'Tragedy' is not in dying young, but in living long and never using your life for what is for eternal significance. Hank Hanegraff
· It is so much better to be a loser and win, than to be a winner and lose.
· One day it will be time for you to leave.
I only hope I love you enough to let you go.
· Attitude: Things work out best for people who make the best of the way things work out.
· You are the music for my words,
The other half of me
One day, together, we'll become a symphony.
· Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.
· He was flat out like a brickie in Bagdad.
· People don't care how much we know until they know how much we care.
· Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it
· One of the most frightening things in life is the power of choice
· One of the most frightening things in life for the Christian is the power of choice
· Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. Storm Jameson.
· Nothing is more ruthless than allowing people to think there is more time.
We need urgency in our ministry. Bonhoeffer
· When the love of God becomes the great compulsion, the work of God becomes the great commission. WEC
I prayed to myself that I would not be pregnant Ally McBeal
· I want to thank the Lord for making me a Yankee Joe DiMaggio
· He cast aside his self-imposed shackles Dennis Pagan of Correy McKernan
· Crippled but not handicapped
The hungry heart
· The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. Tabor 2005